Sunday 9 February 2014

Review: Garnier BB Cream and Roll On Eye Concealer

Since I am now dealing with post acne marks, I don't need to wear so much foundation and concealer anymore! 
I heard a few good things about Garnier's BB cream so I thought I would share with you guys my experience with this product over the past two weeks. 

I purchased both Ganier products from Superdrug. The BB cream was roughly £6 and the eye roll on was £5 however I got these on a limited time deal so I'm not sure how much they would normally cost. The photo shows the packaging that both products come in. 

Garnier's Miarcle Skin Perfector BB Cream: 


Ok quick BB cream 101 lesson for those who don't know a lot about BB creams and what they do. BB stands for 'blemish balm' BB creams orginate from the Asian market and are hugly successful in Asia and have now become a new beauty must have on the western market. However, BB stands for 'beauty balm' on the western market instead of 'blemish balm' BB creams first came about in the 1960's but overtime have been perfected by Korean and Japanese dermatologists. The purpose of a BB cream is to prime, conceal blemishes, moisturize and protect the skin with it's high SPF levels. Overtime the western market had developed it's own "breed" (lol) of BB creams which in my opinion and a lot of other "beauty gurus" opinions are more like tinted moisturizers and are not so useful for those with blemishes or acne unlike the Asian branded blemish balms. 
Anyway enough of the history lesson...

Garnier's BB cream claims to:
Enriched with mineral pigments and vitamin C. It unifies, illuminates, hydrates and helps protect with SPF 15. 

As BB creams go SPF 15 is a low protection level for sunlight, a huge majority of western BB creams only provide SPF 15 protection. Which is fine for me as Iive in London.  

My first time trying the product:
When I first purchased the BB cream from Superdrugs it's cost me roughly £6.99, it was on a sale. I was a little disappointed by the very small skin color choices they had three shades 
"Light, medium, dark." After doing some research most BB creams come in this color format as BB creams have the ability to oxidize with your skin color when drying. I purchased the light one FYI if you are after any Asian brand BB creams they can be found online mainly on eBay and Amazon but bare in mind these BB creams 99% of the time come in one shade as they are made for those in Asia and developed in the Asian market! 
My first appliance of Garnier's BB cream was very easy to apply with it's moisturizing texture, it felt as if I was applying face cream. It blended in very well although I must add I was using my Real Techinques Miracle Sponge to apply and blend the BB cream onto my face (I shall be doing a review on the Real Techinques Miracle Sponge very soon!) 
It luminated my skin and gave me a fresh awaken look, although it didn't give me great coverage when concealing my post acne marks! Also the BB cream didn't oxidize as light as I wanted it. So I applied a very small amount of L'ORÉAL's True Match Powder to set the cream and lighten it's complextion. 
I recommend adding some powder onto your cheeks before adding any powdered highlighter or blusher as blending these products onto your face after applying the BB cream is very hard and creates a 'muddy' look. 

When outdoors the BB creams mineral pigments worked great and gave my skin a flawless look under natural light. It felt very lighweight and was easy to wash off! But very easy to transfer onto clothes! 
I use Garnier's BB cream on my good skin days or if I'm popping to the shops or late for morning classes. I recommend it for those with pretty clear skin and those who prefer a natural look. 

Garnier's Roll on Caffine Eye Concealer: 
Concealer for my undereye area is a must these days! Late nights plus early mornings don't create a great eye look. I wanted a light and easy to apply concealer and came across this one. It's roughly £10 now the sale is over 
and once again was purchased at Superdrug.

Garnier's Eye Roll On Concealer claims to:
The roll-on has a refreshing effect which delivers a double effect on dark circles and bags. The texture is concentrated in mineral pigments. Long lasting, it camouflages dark circles and bags through its subtle shade which complements the skin tone. Enriched with caffeine, known for its stimulating action, and lemon extract, known for its clarifying properties; the hydrating formula with roll-on massage reduces the appearance of fatigue. The formula also contains a UV filter to help protect the eye contour in the sun.

My first time trying the product:
When I first applied the under eye  concealer it's metal ball felt cooling on my eyes and applied the product on very smoothly without putting too much on. With some gentle dabs it dried very quickly and illuminated my eye area, a second coat completely eliminated and brightened my under eyes! I really love this product and I have been using it continuously! Like the BB cream it comes in three shades Light, Medium, Dark. I purchased the light one, it looked great and blened well with my foundation and really brightened my eyes! I prefer a dewy makeup look and the roll on concealer finished off my look well however, for those who prefer a matte finish you can pat a light layer of powder on top of the concealer and it will still illuminate and awaken your eyes without looking too dewy. Under natural light it's mineral and vitamin pigments create a gold shiny look which I adore. However I do have some reservations, I found that when putting the roll on concealer in my makeup bag and traveling around with it in my purse the shaking moments when traveling with it can make too much product come out during your next appliance or when removing the lid. Other then that I have no complaints and want to thank Garnier for giving me that under eye rescue I needed! I defiently recommend this product! 

This is what I looked like when I first applied both products together.
Here I used Clarins Beauty Flash Balm to prime my face, then added the Garnier BB cream onto my face in stippling and dabbing motions with my Real Technique's Miracle Complexion Sponge. I then applied the Garnier eye roll on concealer and dabbed it on with the end tip of my sponge. For my cheeks I applied a very think layer of Chanel's powder I applied this with my Real Techniques Face Brush. With the same brush I applied MUA's bronzer underneath my cheek bones then once again with the same brush added a thin layer of Sleeks Powdered Face Highlighter onto my cheek bones. I finished the look with my Mac Brow Palette to fill in my brows and used L'ORÉAL's Telescopic Mascara on my eyelashes then finished the look with L'ORÈAL's Collection Privee Lipstick in the color Eva Longoria.

Thank you for reading my latest post on these two Garnier products! I hope my review has helped those intrested in purchasing them. My next blog post will be on Real Techniques Miracle Sponge it's claimed to be the new Beauty Blender!!! stay posted.
Xoxoxox 

No comments:

Post a Comment