Monday 16 February 2015

FEBRUARY DRUGSTORE HAUL!!!

Hello my loves, I recently went to my favorite drugstore Superdrug. As always the intent was to pick up a couple toiletries instead I ended up buying some makeup and haircare products. Since then I have used most of the purchased products and thought that it would be suitable to mention them in a blog post and give a personal review on each product incase anyone was interested in buying them or looking for cheaper alternatives. 

Superdrug tweezers! 
First off I bought a new set of tweezers from Superdrug's own brand they cost £2 so very inexpensive. The tweezers have a very pointed thin end that allow me to easily pluck my eyebrow hairs and gives me great precision. I recently started to groom my eyebrows myself (on a student budget!) I will be doing a tutorial on how I do my eyebrows myself. 

Collection Concealers!

Superdrug had a 3 for 2 deal on all Collection cosmetics so I took advantage of their offer! I recent have taken an interest in Collections Lasting Perfection Concealer. It has a 16 hour wear which I tested out and it's true. It gives full coverage and doesn't feel heavy it reminds me of Mac's Pro Concealer. As it was 3 for 2 I bought two of them in the shades 1 Fair (for my undereye area) and 2 Cool Medium (for blemishes). 



As I could get another concealer for free as part of the promotion I tired something different and purchased another concealer from Collection the Illuminating Touch Brightening Concealer. I got the shade 1 Naked that is the lightest shade from the range and although it does a good job of brightening my undereye area and nose bridge it doesn't come in my preferable shade. It has a very pinky/red undertone that doesn't match well with my foundations as they have a yellow undertone. 



Prices: 
Lasting Perfection Conealer: £4 
Illuminating Touch Brightening Concealer: £5 

L'ORÉAL Paris Lumi Magique Foundation: 


I wanted to try out a new foundation just for everyday use, I started to find my Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation a little heavy and can be quite expensive to keep purchasing. I had seen positive reviews on YouTube about the Lumi foundation so I had bought it at Superdrug in the shade ROSE PEARL.
The undertone isn't as yellow as I had hoped nevertheless, it blends in flawlessly and gives me bright dewy finish without looking oily. Buildable and fair coverage that covers most of my acne scarring but for those little breakouts I get on occasions I do require concealer as the foundation doesn't hide them very well. I love how lightweight it feels on my face and the packaging is cute I love the rose gold pump it reminds me of the YSL foundation. I will be repurchasing this foundation as I admire the radiant complextion it give to my face and doesn't look or feel cakey even after more than one appliance! 

However, I will purchase it off of L'ORÉAL's offical site as they provide many more shades than drugstores do. 

Prices:
L'ORÈAL Lumi Magique Foundation £11

MAKEUP REVOLUTION Blushers! 


Makeup Revolution has been getting a lot of attention as of late and claim to make dupes of high end products but at cheaper prices. 

I couldn't believe it when I saw their Blushers on sale for £1 I grabbed a handful of them most in the shades Treat, Rose and a peachy shade that didn't have a shade number or name on the packaging. I apply them with my Real Techniques Blusher Brush or Beauty Blender and they sit perfectly on my face without giving that muddy look which I dispise! There is nothing worse than having muddy looking cheeks due to bad blusher or bronzer! The shades suit my compextion and are so inexpensive however, can break easily if dropped, unfortunately I learned that by dropping two at the same time in my bathroom :( 

MUA Bronzer!


MUA (makeup academy) were selling bronzers at cheap prices and I wanted to try out some new bronzers as iv really been getting into contouring and having that healthy glow. I only purchased 1 bronzer as they were so affordable I thought that maybe it was too good to be true. I was surprised by how pigmented the bronzer is however, I found applying it with a Beauty Blender works better, while using a brush I noticed it didn't adhere very well and looked muddy at times but worked very well when being applied with a Beauty Blender!  

MUA Lipstick!
I purchased a MUA lipstick as it was only for £1 and I loved the shade Bearly There I love my nude shades and this looked perfect! Unfortunately applying isn't as easy as the lipstick drags against my lips and can give my lips a dry look so applying lip balm before applying the lipstick does help! I use Baby Lips by Maybelline as a lipstick base. 




Prices:
MUA Lipstick £1

GODDESS OF LOVE baked highlighter!


When I came across this highlighter while in Superdrug I first fell in love with its cute packaging. The highlighter is in a adorable heart shaped box! The color is just amazing and smells so good! When I applied the highlighter on my cheekbones I noticed how light reflecting it was and the pigmentation was amazing it adhered very well on my foundation without looking muddy or too powdery. I purchased another one because I love it so much it looks so pretty!! Gives a great luminizing glow to my skin and highlights the features I want to stand out such as my Cupid's bow. 

Prices: 
GODDESS OF LOVE baked highlighter: 
£4.99 

Well that was my mini drugstore haul! All products were purchased from Superdrug and can be purchased in their stores and online! I saved a lot of money as well as got a discount by using my reward card points which I was happy about. I reccomend the products listed below they are great for everyday use. I hate using my high end makeup for simple trips to shops or just out running errands. At least with these great drugstore items they are pretty good dupes and are affordable to re purchase. 

Xoxox




No comments:

Post a Comment