Monday 14 April 2014

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge: REVIEW



Earlier last month I had purchased my second Miracle Complexion Sponge by Real Techniques. As I have been satisfied enough to repurchase this product I thought it would be suitable to write a review on it. 

As of late Beauty Blenders have been a highly raved about beauty product! However, I was disheartened when I saw that they were £20. And frankly I wasn't going to pay £20 for a pink sponge! Although I was impressed with the vlog reviews and tutorials. Word got out about Real Techniques "Beauty Blender dupe" named the Miracle Complexion Sponge. And it was on retail for £6!!! I heard many people say it is everything the Beauty Blender is.....only organge, oh well. 

Anyhow I purchased mine from superdrug for £6. I was super excited to try it out as I was fed up of using stippling and buffing brushes. I found that slightly wetting the sponge created an easier appliance and better coverage result. It's super soft and easy to hold. 
I used my Estée Lauder Foundation and dotted it around my face then used the damp Miracle Complexion Sponge and very lightly spreaded the foundation, after I used the sponge to pat and dab the foundation onto my skin for a firmer full coverage. My foundation looked flawless!!!! 

I loved how each part of the sponge had it's on unique roll. I personally use the precision point to blend in under eye concealer as it perfectly fitted under my eyes and lash line. The sponge is also perfect for blending out contour lines! 

This was the result of my first use of the Miracle Complexion Sponge! I love how flawless my complexion looked and was pleasantly suprised on the coverage it provided. 

The Pros:

Price- massively cheaper than the Beauty Blender, priced at £6. 

Packaging- very stable yet easy to open and can be used to store the sponge after use. 

Easy to clean- I use Dove Beauty Soap and cool water to wash makeup off the sponge. It is very important to wash all makeup sponges and brushes! 

Flawless finish- provides a flawless and fair coverage! 

Easy to use- very easy and lightweight to hold, moves across the skin very easily and is gently on the skin. 

Shape- it's unique shape makes each side provide it's own use for different areas of the face. 

Cons:

Hard to purchase!- it seems to be always sold out in stores (which is a good sign) my advice would be to purchase off Superdrug or Boots website! 

Doesn't last long- after a month, washing took it's toll on the sponge and it began to tare. Because of it's cheap price I recommend buying two! Or being very gentle with washing and avoid using hot water when washing the sponge! 

Only comes in one color!- for those who like the range of colors that the Beauty Blender provides, I'm afraid that the Miracle Complexion Sponge only comes in the color orange. However, I think in time this may change and that Real Techniques will make more in different colors. The sponge is still a relatively new product so I can see Real Techniques making some tweaks to the sponge in the near future. 


Other than that I swear by this product! And recommend that you go out and purchase it! My makeup has never looked so good! Check out other reviews on YouTube if this post hasn't convinced you! I'm having a Jay Z moment as I think iv found my Holy Grail! Lol 

My next post will be on a new foundation I recently purchased
Xoxoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment