Saturday 28 March 2015

Sultry Makeup Look Using Drugstore Products!

Hello my loves! 
I thought I would share with you all how I got this sultry yet soft makeup look using the current drugstore products that I use. These products are affordable especially for us students that are on a budget! This lately has been my everyday makeup the colors just work well with my skin tone and eye color and isn't a really made up look but still adds a little life to the face. 



First off let me express how pissed off I am about these selfies! Due to the stupid lighting you can't see the eye shadow I applied on my eyelids but you can make out the eyeshadow applied under my waterline. 

1. Preparing your skin. 

(See my skincare routine post to find out what products I use) gently cleansing, toning and moisturizing will get rid of dry dead skin cells and awaken your skin. Using a good moisterzer makes all the difference. 

2. Priming.

Now primers help makeup adhere better and last longer but quite frankly I have to say I dislike primers. Most primers make me break out which is the main reason why I avoid applying any. But whatever works for you. If it's a dewy look you desire try using a primer with a dewy finish. Most primers will help pores appear smaller and cancel out any redness. On the other hand you can use a good moisterzer. I use BOTANICS All Bright Day Cream or Vitamin E Moister Cream by The Body Shop. 

3. Foundation. 

A drugstore foundation that I have been loving lately is by Rimmel London and it's their Lasting Finish 25HR foundation in the new nude formular. I'm in the shade 100 ivory.

What I love about this foundation is it's a dewy finish and has medium coverage which is buildable, it feels and looks lightweight yet still covers the appearance of mild acne and blemishes as well as pores and fine lines. I found it very easy to blend and love it's flowery smell. I applied the product using my Real Techniques Stippling Brush I then added a little more on the sections of my face that needed more coverage such as my acne scarring on the left side of my face, I applied the second layer using the Real Techniques Sponge. 

4. Contour. 
I LOOOOVVVEEE (really love) contouring for this look I used the contour kit by Sleek. 


I applied the powered formular to my temples on my forehead, my jawline and hollows of my cheeks. I blended the contour in with my Real Techniques Sponge. Remember blend your contour well to give a soft natural effect without leaving any harsh lines. 

5. Eyeshadow.
For my eye look I used the colors from Makeup Revolutions Flawless eyeshadow pallet. 


At the bottom of this section I have added a picture of the pallet and the names of all the colors so that you are aware of exactly what colors I used. 
For my crease I used Smudge and blended well to define my crease, for my lid I applied the color Raw, in the centre of my lid I dabbed a bit of the shade Shimmer Heart to widen my eyes and give the illusion of brighter eyes. For under my waterline I applied Universial and blended well to give a softer effect without looking too harsh. For my inner corner I added a little of Soft Glow. 


6. Undereye concealer and highlighting. 

I applied Collection's Lasting Perfect Concealer in the shade 1 Fair under my eyes in a triangle shape, along the bridge of my nose and some in the centre of my chin and blended out with a damp beauty blender.


7. Blush and powdered highlighter. 

For blush I wanted something that matched the eye look so I used Makeup Academy's (MUA) blusher in the shade Cupcake.


 And to give a suttle glow to my skin I used Goddess Of Love Highlighter and applied this on the tops of my cheek bones, my cuspids bow, tip of my nose and brow bone. 


8. Mascara.

As usual I used my favorite drugstore mascara the L'ORÉAL Telescopic Mascara in Carbon Black. Best drugstore purchase by far!



9. Last but not least... Lipstick! 

I used Rimmle London's Lipstick from the Kate Moss collection in the shade 03 this shade identically matches Mac's Cherish. I then dabbed in the centre of my lips Maybeline's color sensation liptick in the shade Sultry Sand to give the illusion of fuller lips. 


And that's a quick step by step on how I achieved that look, it works for all skin tones! And the products used are affordable and easy to find! Each of the products listed are under £10! Which is great for those who don't wish to spend lots of money on makeup or students who are on a budget! The thing I love about this makeup look is it can be worn for every occasion so try it out next time your going anywhere! 

Xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment