Thursday 10 July 2014

MY TOP 5 DRUGSTORE FOUNDATIONS UPDATE 2014

Last year I did a post on my top 5 favorite drugstore foundations. Since then I have tried out some new products and I have been suprisingly impressed so I decided to update my top 5 list for you guys. Some may make a reappearance but there are a couple new ones that have taken their own spot in my top 5! 

5. Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation 
Now this was my number one drugstore foundation last year but I began to notice that after being satisfied with the coverage it provided, it would then begin to fade and my blemishes became more noticeable. I however, have always loved the fresh glow it gives to my skin and it just smells so lovely and it's thin texture makes it feel as if you are not applying any makeup. In addition I found the product very easy to apply and coverage can be built however, it does fade after a short while I suggest maybe wearing a primer to adhear the foundation. 

Priced at £10

4. Revlon PhotoReady Makeup



This isn't the only Revlon product to enter my top 5! Revlon's PhotoReady Makeup consists of photochromatic pigments that provide a flawless finish that looks good under any light. This was perfect for my nights out, It was super easy to blend in with a buffing brush and had a buildble coverage that covered some of my current acne scarring. I found that the foundation gave me a semi matte finish which was perfect as I was still able to maintain a healthy glow but not look to oily. After applying the product to my face it felt so soft and had luminous glow under natural light. The only downside to this foundation is it contains SPF 20 which is pretty high for a foundation this means that during nights out I couldn't take pictures using flash as any product with SPF gives you a washed out look when taking a picture with flash on. I was a little disappointed by this but it was non transferable and stayed on the whole night mainting it's coverage and luminous glow.  

Priced at £12.99 


3. Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation 




To be quite honest I have never been a huge fan of the Max Factor makeup brand however, I was pleasantly surprised by this product and I would recommend it for those who prefer a natural skin like finish to their foundation. 
Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation had a soft creamy like texture that blended in well and had a buildable coverage and provided me with a demi-matte finish yet it's hydrated formular delivered a fresh radiant glow although it was matte and didn't dry out my skin. 
I loved the packaging as the pot that the product comes in allows you to access  the contents easily and apply as much or as little that is required. I am guilty as charged when it comes to pumping or pouring out way too much foundation so at least with the pot the whipped creme is supplied in allows me to put back any left over product! 

A con to the Max Factor Whipped Creme is that it didn't create enough coverage to hide some of my temporary acne scarring so I used this foundation on my "I don't give a shit" days. Very comfortable to wear and easy to apply perfect for when your in a morning rush or just need a fresh awaken look for class or work. 

Priced at £9.99 


2.  Revlon Colorstay Foundation 



Ah yes yet another Revlon foundation! This one however was featured in my last top 5! This foundation I love as it is the perfect dupe for the Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation. Same texture and consistenty both have the worse packaging as I hate those bottles with no pump as I mentioned before I always take out too much! However, for a drugstore foundation it provides an excellent coverage and succeeded in covering all my imperfections It took me too applications to get my desired coverage. Just the same as the Estée Lauder Double Wear the colorstay provided a semi matte finish but still with a healthy awakened glow. The best part about the colorstay foundation is it comes in a substantial variety of colors that suit women of all ethnicity's.

In addition I did at times find the foundation a little difficult to blend especially with my hands, I reccomend using a stippling brush don't bother with a beauty blender the foundation won't budge! (I tried) 
Revlon's Colorstay Foundation does exactly what it says on the bottle and lasts for 24hrs and gives an all day non transferable coverage! 

Priced at £12.49

1. L'ORÉAL True Match Foundation ( my bae) 


 
For months I heard bloggers talking about the True Match foundation so I finally purchased it and I wasn't disappointed. This is my everyday foundation it fits my skin texture and complextion perfectly! I can never find a light foundation shade that provides a yellow undertone but L'ORÉAL's True Match foundation does the job! It's huge variety of skin shades caters to women of all ethnicities from the lightest to the darkest and everything in between. 

True Match has a buildable coverage but I would recommend only a second application and nothing more as then it becomes too cakey looking and creates creases. It provided me with my desired coverage and covers all my imperfections it's coverage last for approximately 6-10 hours. When applying the True Match foundation I found it superblendable and easy to apply. It's non greasy oil ingredients means you can have a luminous finish without looking oily and sweaty. After applying the foundation I was more than satisfied with the natural finish it gave due to it's skin texturizing technology it is able to adapt to your skins texture so it looks more natural. If you have dry skin I reccomend using a good moisturizer before applying the foundation as it had tendencies to stick and clump to dry parts of the skin. 

I wear L'ORÉAL's True Match Foundation everyday due to it's natural finish it is suitable to wear anywhere at anytime and lasted well during the summer. I highly reccomend investing in this product especially for those with mild acne and post acne marks.

Priced at £10


Well that was my updated top 5 favorite drugstore foundations for this year! 
Sorry for the long break! ( I know I say that all the time) 

I will be sure to post more often now things aren't so busy! 

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment