Thursday 3 September 2015

The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Night Treatment

So as of late, I have been trying out a few night treatment products to help with my post acne scarring. The skin does most of its crucial repairing while we sleep so a night treatment will work with our skin to speed up the healing process and create better results. 

I have been trying out the clarifying seaweed night treatment by The Body Shop for roughly 5-6 weeks. I have been pretty pleased with the results so far so I thought I would do a review on it and share my thoughts on this product with my readers. 




First off I would like to point out that seaweed is full of vitamins and minerals that carry many health benefits as well as beauty benefits. Some research has highly supported that seaweed can eliminate acne or at least improve the condition for example, making breakouts occur less often. 


To start off with I didn't really notice any difference for a few days whilst using the night treatment. However, after a week I began to notice it was aiding my acne scarring as well as working efficiently along with my tea tree cleanser to eliminate any small breakouts. My skin can become oily around my forehead and nose area from time to time, especially during the summer! The great thing about this product is it controls excess oils that the skin produces, so if you have oily skin this will work great at diminishing that excess oil and giving the skin a somewhat matified finish without dehydrating the skin. Too much excess oil can cause and pro long acne breakouts that's why this night treatment plays a vital role in producing clearer skin. 

Once a couple weeks had past my nose and forehead area didn't have anymore oily patches, and my complexion looked healthier. The seaweed night treatment serum has a water like texture and glides on easily , it's lightweight formular means it doesn't feel heavy on the skin. You only need a small quantity of the product (one pump) to cover your whole face which is great as this means the product will last longer and you won't have to keep re purchasing it on a regular basis. The best way to apply the night treatment is after you have completed cleansing and toning then apply evenly in upward motions onto the face, the serum asorbs pretty quickly into the skin. There is no harsh fragrences or chemicals added so this serum is suitable for those with sensitive skin that is easily irritated. 

The packaging was another bonus that made me like this product even more than I already did. The serum comes packaged in a pump, whilst being dispensed from the pump you can actually see how much product you are extracting and how much you have left. I hate having a tube or bottle of product and never knowing how much I have left until I go to use it on day and there is nothing left....at all! In addition the pump also allows you to control how much product you use as well as being hygieneic; preventing any bacteria on our hands contaminating the serum. 

To conclude this review, I have been happy with the seaweed clarifying night treatment so far and will update you guys on any new changes it may have on my skin. Overall this is yet another effective product by The Body Shop! 

Xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment