Tuesday 28 July 2015

Effortless Everyday Glowy Makeup Look

Want this effortless look for everyday wear this summer? Then keep reading! 



During the summer it can be difficult when wearing makeup due to the heat and humidity. So far during this summer I have been wearing this easy, quick and glowy bronzy look. It takes roughly 10 minutes to complete this look which is perfect for us girls that are always on the move! 

Priming:


To make my makeup last as long as possibly I used the Loreal Lumi Magique primer. This primer I love because it creates a pore less and metallic like base which is perfect for those looking to atchieve a dewy/glowy finish. I evenly spread a small amount all over my face concentrating around my eyes and cheekbones as these are the areas I want to be extra highlighted! 

BB Cream:


For really humid hot weather, a foundation may feel too heavy so I opted using one and decided a BB cream would be a better option! 
I have been really loving the Dream Pure BB Cream by Mabelline. There are two types of this product available I use the one with salicylic acid as I am prone to acne. It is SPF 15 which is a decent amount of protection against harmful rays from the sun. It's very lightweight but gives a decent amount of coverage. I apply the BB cream with my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, once I have evenly applied the product I once again put a little more on any visible imperfections and gently dab the product on with the pointed side of the sponge.  I really love the even dewy finish this BB cream creates and it lasts throughout the day. But with the primer underneath it should last a little longer and survive the humid weather. 

If BB creams are not your thing or you don't own any then you can use some of the following foundations: 

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation 
Loreal Lumi Foundation 
Rimmel London Match Perfect Foundation 

All 3 provide good coverage but are also lightweight like the BB Cream and do provide a dewy finish! 

Concealing: 


Ahh Concealer mans greatest creation! I mean let's all be honest there is always something we want to try hide on our face whether it is a scar, pimple or just dark circles around our eyes! As the BB cream did a good enough job covering my post acne scars I didn't really need to use a concealer for these problem areas but my eyes needed some much needed attention! Due to lack of sleep lately I had dark circles around my eyes, I used the Match Perfect highlighting concealer by Rimmel London to brighten my eye area which it does wonderfully and gives a natural dewy finish whilst successfully concealing any signs of fatigue around the eyes! My skin has a natural yellow undertone which means I have all foundations that also have yellow undertones but I have a hard time finding a drugstore concealer with a yellow undertone, thankfully this one does have a yellow undertone!! So this would be perfect for those with the same undertone as mine! In addition its consistency is very creamy and easy to blend. I applied the concealer under my eyes in a triangle shape then dabbed the product in using the pointed end of the Real Techniques sponge! 


Bronzer/ Contouring: 


Now who doesn't love a little contouring? I know I do! The main focus of this look is its bronzy contouring and highlighting. I use the baked bronzer by Makeup Revolution, I really think their bronzer and blushes are great quality considering the amazingly cheap prices! It can almost be considered a dupe for Macs baked bronzer. With my Real Tecniques Contouring Brush I apply the bronzer across the hollows of my cheeks and my hairline around my forehead. When it comes to applying the bronzer on the hollows of my cheeks I tend to apply it in small circular motions while moving the brush backwards towards my ears, this ensures no harsh lines are left visible.  

Blusher: 
You can choose to opt out of blusher if you want to but I added a little to give my cheeks a flush of color plus this shade is very glowy and extremely pigmented! For the life of me I cannot remember the exact name or number of the shade but the picture above can give you a rough idea of what it looks like. I love Maybelline blushers especially the from the Fit Me range they don't have a muddy or heavy finish, using a blusher that has highlighted pigments in it just like this one I used adds that extra glowy element to the look! It's also a very natural looking shade. Using a fluffy blusher brush i applied the blusher on the apples of my cheeks in circular motions working up towards where my ears are doing this creates a flawless transition between the blusher and bronzer! You want this look to be as flawless and natural as possible so make sure you blend blend and blend!!!!! Eliminate those harsh lines! 


Highlighting: 

Another crucial step to this look is highlighting!  I absolutely looooove this liquid highlighter by Rimmel London. Such a great formular and texture which adheres instantly! I dab the product on my cheek bones, the centre of my forehead, brow bone which are all the areas of the face that we want to highlight! This creates a healthy and natural glow! The Ready To Glow highlighter is very pigmented and light reflecting and provides a natural dewy finish. If the highlighter does not provide your preferable glow then add another layer of the product or dab a little powdered highlighter on top. 

Eyeshadow:


I didn't go too heavy with eyeshadow for this look but I added just a little to give some dimension to my eyes. I used just two shades from the Flawless eyeshadow pallet by Makeup Revolution. I used the shade "Gold Digger" on my crease and buffed it into my outer v to define my eyes. For my lid I applied the shade "Golden Night" using a fluffy eyeshadow blending brush by Superdrug. Using the brush I gently buffed the lid color up towards the crease  to create a flawless transition and eleminating harsh lines! 
Both shades I used are located next to each other on the second row of the pallet.

Mascara: 


This was the first time I had used the Wonderful Mascara with Argan Oil by Rimmel London and I must say I was very happy with the results. I did apply two coats of the mascara to give my lashes the extra length I desired, at no point did my lashes begin to clump they looked healthy, long and looked natural at the same time even after two applications. I think the Argan oil played a big part in preventing clumpy lashes! Nevertheless this finished off my eye look perfectly and took next to no time to apply! 

Lips:


Last but not least! A nude shade for the lips would be highly recommended to maintain that natural look we are aiming for! I loved this nude collection by Kate Moss for Rimmel London! It suprisngly lasted through the whole day and started to wear off in the evening! For this look I used the shade 42 from the collection I feel that this shade would fit with most skin shades and it works well with the colors used for the look. It's finish is very smooth and flawless and doesn't dry out your lips or creat little lumps it also has a slight glossy/sheer finish but it's just enough to add a little more of a dewy natural vibe to the lips which overall finishes this look! 

I hope this step by step post can help those interested to try out this look! It's perfect for summer and really doesn't take that long to do, it's great for everyday wear also. The best part is all the products I used were drugstore brands that are affordable which is great for students like myself or anyone who just doesn't want to spend a crazy amount of money on makeup! Thank you for reading and I will be sure to post again soon! 

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment