Friday 23 August 2013

SUFFERING FROM DAMAGED HAIR?

Hey loves! This new blog post is going to be a guide to all those that are suffering from dry hair or split ends. Since dip dying my hair dark blonde my hair became very damaged and dry however, I have been trying a few hair care products over the past few months and I have narrowed my results down to my top 3 best hair repair products! Here they are:

3. Herbal Essences Bee Strong Hair Mask:

This worked very well for me during the early stages of repairing my hair and I still use it till this day! The reason for this is it's formula which contains apricot and honey extensively soaks and nourishes into each strand of hair and begins to repair the spilt ends as well as strengthen the rest of the hair which prevents further damage! This is a wash off mask that should be used before conditioning. For a more effective result use the Bee Strong hair shampoo and conditioner in addition, leave the hair mask to set for at least 10-15 mins and really give it a chance to work on your hair! Use once a week. Herbal Essences Bee Strong Hair Mask priced at £3.99. 

2. Dove Nourishing Oil Care Express Treatment Conditioner:
I absolutely love this product by Dove! Not only is the price fabulous but it's results are even better. I would use this after using Doves Damaged Hair shampoo which I later discovered that the shampoo was making my scalp dry so I continued to use the Herbal Essences Bee Strong Shampoo. These two combinations worked great together, the Express Treatment Conditioner  left my hair feeling so soft at the slightest touch, over the course of a few weeks my dry hair became nourished however my split ends where still visible but not as bad as before! I recommend leaving this treatment by Dove in for 10 minutes and comb it through your hair to ensure each strand is enriched with the oil based formula. And good news for those girls out there that suffer from frizzy hair.. Doves Oil Care Express Treatment controls your frizz and makes your hair more manageable and easier to style! Dove Nourishing Oil Care Express Treatment Conditioner priced at £1.97 

1. Elvive Extraordinary Oil: 
Yes this is my number 1!!! I must point out that there are two different models of this product! The red pump model that you can see here is for individuals that have colored their hair. If your hair has not been dyed or currently has no hair dye products being used on it, you will require the gold pump version. The Extraordinary Oil is suitable for all hair types! It contains a blend of six flower extracts that work together to moutisrize each strand of hair and revitalize your color! I personally have my own unique method when using Elvive's Extordinary Oil and I found that I get better results doing this. A day before I am due to wash my hair I place a generous amount of Elvive's  Extrodinary Oil onto my hair starting from root to tips, I comb the oil through my hair thoroughly ensuring each strand is covered. Following on from combing I place my hair in a tight sock bun, this allows my hair to stay together in one place and soak up all the ingredients and extracts that my hair requires from the oil. I leave this over night and wash my hair the following morning after my hair is dry I use a mild amount of Elvive's Oil and comb it once again through the middle to the tips of my hair, I do this before using my hair styling products! 
The end result leaves me with a unmissable shine to my hair color and leaves my hair feel replenished and looking so much more healthier!!! I use this method once to twice a week. 

I hope the products mentioned in this post work for my readers and help you repair your damaged hair! The products mentioned such as Elvive's Extordinary Oil can also be used to prevent damage! I would recommend allowing these products a six to eight week trial as sometimes depending on the serverity of damage the hair products made need some time to get to work. 
If after ten weeks you see no improvement I advise you to go to the hairdressers and have your cut or trimmed as the more damage is done to your hair the irreversible and harder it gets to repair as well as preventing your hair from growing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment