Sunday 16 August 2015

My Top 5 Best Drugstore Highlighters!

Personally I couldn't live without highlighting! And recently "strobing" has become a new makeup trend which consists of highlighting the high and main points of your face ( cheekbones, brow bone, nose) without contouring. Highlighting makes these features stand out which I think is great but I don't think I will ever stop contouring the hollows of my cheeks! But I like the idea that a makeup trend is about making your features stand out and not trying to hide them. 

I think a generous dash of highlighter also completes a fresh faced makeup look which is perfect for the summer. A really good highlighter can be a little pricey but I have been experimenting with drugstore highlighters to narrow down what I think are the best ones to purchase for reasonable prices. 

5. MAKEUP REVOLUTION Ultra Sculpt & Contor Kit: 
I actually really love this little sculpting kit it comes with a bronzer, highlighter and blusher. But obviously what I really love the most is the highlighter it's a powdered formular but when applied to the skin it doesn't have that super powdery look and is quite pigmented and light reflecting! It is a shimmery champagne kind of shade with a hint of gold. It works well with most skin tones I really wish Makeup Revolution would sell this highlighter on its own! The price is super adorable at just £4. For the affordable price it was ranged at I didn't really expect it to perform as well if I'm  honest but I was pleasantly suprised.  

4. MUA Undress Your Skin Illuminating Liquid Glow: 
I thought I would include a liquid highlighter in my top 5 as I know powdered highlighters may not be everybody's preference plus I was curious to see what the difference was between the two. Out of the 3 liquid highlighters I have been trying out this one makes my top 5 list! It's formular is very creamy and easy to blend. I did find that dabbing the product in with my fingers or a beauty blender works best. The Undress Your Skin Highlighter is available in three shades, I purchased the shade champagne. I love this shade as it works well with my foundation shade and doesn't have a muddy or cakey finish which is something I was worrying over as I imagined adding another liquid formular over a layer of foundation may have negative results however, I was proven wrong. I noticed it's light reflecting properties while under natural lighting. 
Overal the MUA Undress Your Skin highlighter provides a pigmented yet natural glow and is a great component to add for those wanting to achieve a dewy makeup finish. Great quality highlighter for a super affordable price around £3-£4!! 

3. MAKEUP REVOLUTION Goddess Of Love Baked Highlighter: 


First and foremost can we take the time to appreciate this cute packaging!!! It's actually the reason I bought the highlighter to begin with lol! But as it turns out the packaging wasn't the only thing I fell in love with, when I first swatched the highlighter I noticed straight away how pigmented it was it completely took me by surprise! It is also such a gorgeous shade that will work with most skin colors! It is a powdered highlighter but doesn't have a harsh powdery finish. A little goes a long way with this highlighter, I didn't need to add layers and layers of product to get my desired highlight! It pretty much did its job after a small amount was applied, I would recommend this highlighter for those who are really into the strobing trend. And for £5 I think you definitely get a good deal! The Goddess Of Love Baked Highlighter is my favorite MAKEUP REVOLUTION product by far! 

2. Sleek Face Contor Kit: 
This is my everyday go to highlighter and deservingly is my number two on the list! I do like the bronzer but I rarely use it I only buy this kit for the highlighter! I really wish Sleek would sell the highlighter on its own. This is a great quality product that requires little amount of usage for each application! I had it for about a year until I hit the pan! It's super pigmented and adds a gorgeous highlighted glow that lasts all day! I didn't need to re touch the highlighter at all! On top of that it looks quite powdery on a brush but once applied to the face it has such a lightweight and flawless finish with and instant shimmer! It comes with a mirror which is always handy if you are doing your makeup or retouching while out and about. For just £6.50 I think it is way underpriced! It suits every skin shade and looks beautiful under natural light and artificial light. You can add more product on top for a more dramatic highlight or dramatic strobing and yet it still doesn't look too cakey nor does it have a muddy effect the Sleek Highlighter sits gracefully on top of foundation and pressed powders. 

1. Sleek Precious Metals Highlighting Pallet: 
Yes this is my number one and most recommended highlighter!!! 
Well it's a pallet of highlighters not just one highlighter which is even better! The highlighters are a creamy, velvet formular that can also be mixed to create your custom shade. I have never seen a drugstore product that looked so beautiful especially under lighting. The creamy textured highlighters are easy to apply and sit flawlessly on top of foundation and create a metallic like shimmer that instantly enhances your face to give a raidient and fresh glow. Perfect for anyone who wants a dewy, luminous finish! There does contain one powdered highlighter in the pallet that performs so gracefully just like the Sleek Face Contor Kit's Highlighter. I think Sleek have nailed it on the head when concerning highlighters! I am absolutely in love with it, when I opened the pallet it's was so pretty I didn't want to use it lol 
In addition it lasts all day and performs well under hot and humid weather! 
Great product for only £10! 

So that is my top 5 best drugstore highlighters! I hope this post is useful for any of you who wish to try out a new highlighter or are trying out highlighting for the first time! All products listed are easy to find in most drugstores and are affordable! 

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment