Tuesday 7 July 2015

MY CURRENT HAIRCARE ROUTINE!

I have thick frizzy hair and it can be hard to manage at the best of times however, I have switched up my haircare routine and I have been noticing positive results concerning the texture and condition of my hair. I did have my hair trimmed 2 months ago which did help with the dry dead ends but I have been continuing with these haircare steps and routines to prevent damage and maintain the healthy condition of my hair without needing to have it cut as well as enabling me to manage and style my hair better than before. 

This is the current length and condition of my hair! (It has been blow dried and slightly straightened in this picture)

I will be listing the products I use, how frequently I use them and how to apply them. The products I will be mentioning are affordable drugstore products. 

From time to time I do change the brand of shampoo and conditioner I use on my hair but I have discovered two haircare brands that continuously provide great results on my hair so I try to keep switching between these three. 

Hair washing: 

Washing your hair is important however, washing every day is unhealthy for your hair as it strips the oils your hair and scalp need to provide moister to the strands of hair, especially the ends. 

Garnier Ultimate Blends Color Illuminator Shampoo: 


I love the formula that this range has to offer it's my favorite from the Garnier product line. The shampoo really gets the unwanted oils and dirt out of my hair without being harsh and over drying it! I color my hair and using the color illuminator shampoo really helps my color last longer and appear more vibrant. I've used this for a few months and I have to say i have seen a difference! My hair color lasts longer without looking dull after a few washes. Now I can just focus on coloring my roots instead of my whole hair. 

Conditioning:

Conditioning is crucial! It's like cleansing your face and not moisturizing afterwards! Shampoos remove the oils from your hair and after sometime it can cause dryness and make the ends feel brittle. Conditioning smoothens the hair and replaces some of the lost moisture. 

Garnier Ultimate Blends Nourishing Repairer Conditioner: 


I absolutely swear by this conditioner it does exactly what it says on the bottle! It contains European avocado oil and African Shea butter which are great for replenishing dry hair and repairing split ends. As I use heat on my hair regularly there is only so much a heat protector can do, so I use this conditioner to prevent damage and repair any current damage that may have been caused. After shampooing I take a generous amount of the conditioner and work it from the mid section (where my ears are) all the way to the tips. From there I take a comb and comb the product into the hair to ensure each strand is covered. I then leave it set for 5-10 minutes and rinse. Even while rinsing I can feel how weightless and smooth my hair feels it works great at detangling,making it able to run my hands through my hair. This product smells gorgeous also! Once my hair is dry it just feels so moisturized, soft and shiny! I recommend this product for those with frizzy hair it's ingredients are tailor made for frizz! 

Weekly treatments: 

Haircare treatments such as hair masks and hot oil treatments give your hair extra pampering whilst maintaining or improving its healthiness. I use two treatment methods, the first one I apply twice a week. The second form of treatment I use either once a week or once a fortnight depending on the condition of my hair and if it's been styled a lot.

Garnier Ultimate Blends Sleek Restorer Instesive: 


Yes another product from Garnier but I love their Ultimate Blends range so much it's formulars just working amazingly on my hair. The intensive sleek restorer is great for those with frizzy hair like mine or anyone with dry ends due to damage. It contains coconut oil and coconut butter which work wonderfully when replenishing and nourishing hair! It's natural ingredients are tailor made for frizzy hair. How I use this product is quite simple after conditioning my hair I apply the Instesive treatment from the mid section all the way to the very tips, I run either a comb or my fingers through my hair to ensure each strand is saturated. It says to leave on for 1 minute but I leave it in for two then I rinse it off. While rinsing I can already feel how super sleek and soft my hair feels I also find that it detangles my hair too. When I use this treatment I am guaranteed 3-4 days of super sleek hair even through harsh British weather. I just love this product and it works! 

VO5 Give Me Moisture Hot Oil Treatment: 


I used to go the my local hairdressers for my hot oil treatments but I'm a student on a budget so I took the DIY route. I decided to try the VO5 hot oil treatment as I do color my hair monthly (my roots) as well as use a lot of heat styling appliances, all this can take a toll on your hair as I said previously heat protecting sprays only do so much. I use this treatment mostly twice a week after washing my hair and it definitely works I noticed it repaired my hair after I had the ombré faze last year! My hair is immediately moisturized and de frizzed! I did also notice that it did give my hair color a slight recharge as well as making my hair super shiny. It looked healthy and felt healthy and this was after maybe two uses! The oil penetrates deep into each strand to fight and prevent damage my hair feels a lot stronger and doesn't get so easily damaged anymore. 

Heat Protection: 

Using heat protectors are so crucially important to use when styling your hair! I straighten my hair most of the time, using hair straighteners and curlers can over time cause dryness and damage to the hair due to the heat it radiates. 

Schwarzkopf Got 2 B Guardian Angel Heat Protector:

This is the current heat protecting spray I use on my hair before styling. It creates a protective barrier over the hair to prevent heat damage, it's heat protection limit is up to 220 C which is pretty hot for any hair styling appliance so this is pretty much the highest level of protection you can get!  I apply the spray on my hair whilst it's damp. It doesn't have an offensive smell and doesn't have a sticky or thick texture. I must say its one of my favorites it does the job and iv noticed less damage is inflicted onto my hair while using the Guardian Angel spray. In addition it also adds a lovely sleek and shiny look to the hair which is adds a great element to your styled hair!

So that is my current hair care routine and how I achieve healthy hair! All products mentioned can be found in most drugstores and supermarkets. 

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment